photo blogbuttonhome_zpsbfee85f8.png  photo blogbuttonhome_zpsbfee85f8.png  photo blogbuttonhome_zpsbfee85f8.png  photo blogbuttonhome_zpsbfee85f8.png  photo blogbuttonhome_zps0b2ad4ae.png  photo blogbuttonhome_zpsbfee85f8.png  photo blogbuttonhome_zps0b2ad4ae.png  photo blogbuttonhome_zpsbfee85f8.png  photo blogbuttonhome_zpsbfee85f8.png

Monday, May 16, 2011

Stop and Smell the Flowers

This time of year always seems to be the start of the hustle and bustle. 

It's FINALLY getting warm out so who really want's to be stuck indoors all the time? 

The sun is out. Again, who wants to be stuck indoors? 

Spring sports begin. My son is in baseball and my daughter is in softball so I'm pretty much running every night for that. 

Then there is the day job. Remind me again why women fought for women to work. Gah! LOL!

Of course there is always keeping up the house and homework. Slip in some television and there really isn't much time for anything else. 

Like sewing. *sigh* 

So....even with all that. When it seems that life just never stops...remember to stop for a moment and take in what's around you. Appreciate the small things and smile. Take a deep breath and just take in that moment. Maybe it's a quiet moment when all the kids are in bed and you have a mile long list of things to do...just take 5 minutes and relax and look back on the day and it's goodness! 

You just might find yourself smiling at some things similar to these...

Crocus' in bloom...love that purple...
Lilacs. My favourite spring flower. They make the house smell sooo good!
Bleeding Hearts. Another favourite. They are just so unique!
Tulips. Who doesn't like tulips?
Toads in little boys hands. (Personally I think this is disgusting...lol)
Toads on little boys knees. Those things like to pee on you. Just sayin'...lol
And of course, little boys giggling when the toads jump off said knee and on their lap..lol!

If we don't stop when life doesn't, we will miss those little things that make us laugh and smile. Those are important. They keep us going. 

So, stop and smell the flowers, or clean toad pee off your child, or hey, do both! You will look back one day and tell stories about it! :D 

Much Love!!!

11 comments :

  1. Thanks for this - made me take a minute and smile <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for bringing me back to earth! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good reminder to us all in this busy world! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who knew that toads pee? LOL! I was just thinking today how much I missed our conversations.... hope your life gets a little calmer soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotcha on the toad pee ... my girls don't catch them too often for that reason lol Enjoy your moments when you can, they're gone way too quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember those days of always being on the run. Life is much slower but there is always grand kids. I love spring flowers because they are a hint of things to come.

    ReplyDelete
  7. dianayoung1@irtc.netMay 17, 2011 at 7:22 AM

    finished your geese in the park looks fab on my bed
    does anyone else do this ? before i start to do my binding i get a package of needles and load everyone of them with thread the whole process goes faster when i dont have to stop and thread that tiny needle everytime and i do the needles when i am at work when its slow

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes the good ole' days of being a chauffer. I did really enjoy the baseball, hockey and football games and don't forget gymnastic competitions. The kids grow up so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This time of year seems really busy for me too. With school finishing up and t-ball, trying to get that summer body shape up at the last minute, maintain the pool, house, car, kid, husband!

    I need a good week or two off. At least I am lucky to not be working at the moment, of course that wont last long when I have to start school back up in the fall....that will really make me busy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Truer words have never been spoken. Oh yea, have had a few of those peeing toad incidents myself may moons ago!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from you!! :)

Happy Quilting!

Real Time Web Analytics