photo blogbuttonhome_zpsbfee85f8.png  photo blogbuttonhome_zpsbfee85f8.png  photo blogbuttonhome_zpsbfee85f8.png  photo blogbuttonhome_zpsbfee85f8.png  photo blogbuttonhome_zps0b2ad4ae.png  photo blogbuttonhome_zpsbfee85f8.png  photo blogbuttonhome_zps0b2ad4ae.png  photo blogbuttonhome_zpsbfee85f8.png  photo blogbuttonhome_zpsbfee85f8.png

Monday, June 7, 2010

Flying By The Seat Of My Pants

Mail does not come on Sundays, but it sure did for me yesterday!!! 

Lemme explain...

I was sitting on my couch (instead of cleaning my house) and I got an email titled Modified Tradition. I was worried and excited in the same moment because that is a swap that I'm in. When I opened the email I immediately became all giddy! My swap partner, the one that was making me my quilt, said she only lived about 30 miles away from me and she wondered if we could meet so she could give it to me!

How could I not say yes? I was truly excited to meet a fellow quilter that lived so close! So we ended up meeting somewhere in the middle at Starbucks and gabbed for almost 3 hours!! You never know when you meet someone new how it will go but I can say without a doubt, I am so glad we met. 

Sandi of Piecemeal Quilts is so sweet and she is an amazing quilter!! Just look what she made for me....yes...all for me!! :) The title of this post is also the name of this quilt due to the "flying geese" and the "seats" in the tufted tweets fabric! I just love it!!
Modify Tradition Swap Quilt
Isn't it gorgeous!!?? It is so much fun to receive things in the mail when you're not expecting them, but to actually receive them in person is sooo much better! Not only is she an amazing quilter, she is so fun to talk to! We talked about quilting, and books, even our favourite movies (giggles)! My son was with me and on the way home I thanked him for being so good and you know what he said? He said, "The time went really fast mom!" I replied, "why is that?". He says, "Mom, she was really fun!". Awwww....I love that kid! He truly did have a good time. 

That's not all. She even invited me to sew with her "crew"...lol. I'm a complete stranger and I was invited to spend time with her and her friends and family to quilt and just have a good time once a month. I can't wait until Saturday to meet everyone!

Sandi, thank you again for such a beautfiul quilt and your friendship! See you Saturday!! :D 

Much Love!!!

15 comments :

  1. Karrie, I had a blast, too! I'm really touched that your son said I was fun - I was so impressed with his, oh, let's call it "spark." He was bright and lively and all boy. I don't know many other boys that could stay so cheerful for three hours in a space the size of a large closet. I'm looking forward to Saturday's sewing day - I know you'll fit right in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Such a fun story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is cute! Those Tufted tweets keep growing and growing on me! So fun to meet in person. There are so many bloggy people I'd love to meet in real life (yourself included!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful and you got a lovely quilt as well as a new friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is lovely and you are so lucky to have meet people that are as talented as you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you that you've got a new group to sew with!! Funny how things work out sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great story....it's always so fun to find a new friend and then to be able to meet more!
    I love the quilt...and the part about your cute little guy too.
    x
    lori

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is there anything better than an awesome quilt and a new friend that turns out to be awesome too!! That is just so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thats a great day! I love meeting people who share the quilting addiction with me! Even better when they are cool. AND I LOVE THAT QUILT! I just ordered my Tufted Tweets and should be getting it by the end of the week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww. now that's just plain sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. that is such a fun story! love the quilt too, great fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun! I would love, love, love to meet up with fellow bloggers but that's quite hard to do since I'm way over in Tokyo, Japan :( .
    I sit out on the porch dreaming or stitching when I should be cleaning too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's so cool! This swap has been fun and I can't wait to get my mini-quilt!

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your son is just adorable! I love your quilt, it's beautiful! How fun to find a new group of kindered spirits!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from you!! :)

Happy Quilting!

Real Time Web Analytics